Tuesday, January 24, 2012

{Loveliest Birthday}

Hey Dolls!
I'm sure you're all already on pinterest {if not ... WAKE UP and check out this ridiculous cuteness}! We've now linked our blog to our pinterest account, so follow us STAT ... you're missing out on some great pins! Just click on the {pin} tab at the top of the page and it will magically wisk you away to a far away land of dreamy homes, perfectly manicured gardens, melt in your mouth desserts, an assortment of to.die.for crafts. You name it, it's there. So ... I thought I'd would share some of my favorite pins. As I may have mentioned before - I'm slightly obsessed with the idea of entertaining. Notice "the idea of" - it doesn't happen nearly enough. However, I did have a blast planning my daughter's first birthday party. 

From the decorations, to the treats. Loved it. My favorite part was the cake though. 

So, you can imagine my excited when I came across these lovely confections!
 
Is this not the cutest cake for a little circus themed boy's party? Those mustaches are too cute! {Did I mention how perfectly The Sampson . Circus Stripe would go with a circus themed party? Shamless. I know.}

Or for a girl's party, how about this striped, fondant cake:
I just love this! Although to be honest, fondant scares the dickens out of me! I'm definitely far from a pro when it comes to cake decorating. I'd have to go with something more simple like these beauties:
That's rock candy on the layers of this one! So cute!
I am in love with this one. If I could marry it, I probably would! {Don't tell my husband I said that!}

While we're on the topic of different colored layers, how gorgeous is this ombre cake?
and that banner? Simply devine. Speaking of banners, sometimes a lovely little banner can turn a simply frosted cake into a treasure.


Not the next Martha Stewart? That's ok, I've got you covered. How about something besides the traditional birthday cake, or over-popular cupcakes? How about birthday cake in a jar?
You bet your bottom dollar I will be trying this last one!


Happy Tuesday Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment